Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Popular Mechanics"

Another one of your freak show stories. I know this question has been asked a thousand times, because I was one of those thousand people, but I just want to debate on it for awhile. Is the baby at the end of the story dead or alive??! I am so sick of these stupid, vague answers that try and tell me it does not matter. Okay...maybe it does not matter in the opinion of the author because that is not what they're trying to convey through the story, but it matters to the reader! It's like in the movie Elf, when Walter Hobbs tries to publish a story without the last two pages, so the children don't know what happens in the end. The children were confused and wanted to know. They don't care about the hidden message or theme or whatever; they just want to know what happened in the end!! In my opinion, the baby did not rip in half. I am mostly saying that because I do not want to believe any of the limbs on the baby's body were ripped off, but also because I think it makes sense. The father was leaning so hard that he pulled the baby out of its mother's arms, so the mother lost and the father won. Honestly, this is the most ridiculous way to solve a debate between who recevies custody of the children and does not. And yes, I am guessing that this is the message the author is trying to convey, but still! I am so sick of ambiguous endings!

1 comment:

  1. "Another one of your freak show stories"....is that directed at me?! I didn't write them!

    ReplyDelete