Sunday, February 20, 2011

Count your Blessings

In the beginning of the play, the Glass Menagerie seemed to have no real purpose or story line; however, the fifth scene displayed some sort of climax. The scene where Laura began to come out of her shell, and talk to Jim the way she desired to, caught my attention the most. In particular, there was a quote that I believed related to my own life. In the fifth scene, Jim says, "That's what you have to remember! And everybody has problems, not just you, but practically everybody has got some problems." (pg 1277) I attended the Christian Awakening Retreat last week, and I discovered that I need to look at my own life sometimes and remember that there are people who are suffering a great deal more than I am. Now, I understand that I should be thankful for the blessings I have in my own life, and I should remember to treat with others with respect because they may have it a lot worse than I do. I understand that Laura is shy and suffers from a disability. However, she could have it a lot worse than a leg brace, and that is what Jim is trying to make apparent to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment