Sunday, February 20, 2011

Protagonist/Antagonist

In my opinion, I would say that Amanda is the protagonist in the story. It was difficult to decipher whether or not which role she played; however, I believe that she was looking out for the good of her entire family rather than the good of herself. Amanda seems to only want the best for her son and daughter, which is why she goes out of her way to make sure they are making good decisions and keeping good goals. Although she is EXTREMELY annoying and nagging at times, I think she does have good intentions. Tom, on the other hand, I believe to be the antagonist. I understand his reasoning behind his leaving his family, but it was a selfish decision. He took great care of his family financially, but only really cared about himself and getting out of the house. Amanda and Tom fought all of the time, also making them foil characters. Amanda was trying to be sensible and responsible, while Tom was dreaming and making selfish choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment