Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wild Imaginations...

Alright, honestly, I do not blame Tim for wanting revenge on Jorgenson. I know that Jorgenson did not mean to intentionally mess things up with Tim, and that he was nervous with no experience, but the guy has to rub ointment on his butt several times a day. I would be pretty ticked off, too. Maybe Tim takes the revenge thing a little too far, but hey, it was entertaining, right?

"You don't try to scare people in broad daylight. You wait. Because the darkness squeezes you inside yourself, you get cut off from the outside world, the imagination takes over. That's basic psychology," (page 195).

So true! This quote reminds me of the nights after campfire when I was on Summer Field Studies this summer. I swear, every night when Rachel Simpson and I would walk back to our tent, we heard a bear. She would cuddle up really close to me and we would try to think of happy thoughts to take our minds off of it. Of course, there was most likely never a bear, but the dark plays tricks on your mind! You see and hear things you would never see or hear during the daylight. It is almost as if an entirely different universe comes out. I could not imagine having to sleep out there every night, holding a weapon, knowing that your enemy could be close at any moment. My imagination would drive me insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment