Friday, July 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

"I hated to leave France. Life was so simple in France. I felt I was a fool to be going back into Spain. In Spain you could not tell about anything," (page 237).

Okay, now Hemingway decides he wants to portray a fondness of France. He needs to make up his dang mind! Towards the start of the story, I noticed all of the cynicism and negativity based on life in France. Everyone wanted to leave, get out, and see the world. I take that back; mostly everyone wanted to leave except for Jake. He never expressed any apathy towards France and the people there, so it is understandable that now that he has returned he does not want to leave.

"COULD YOU COME HOTEL MONTANA MADRID AM RATHER IN TROUBLE BRETT," (page 242).

This chick is really making me consider pulling my hair out. Why in the world does she have to be so selfish!? Literally, every little bit of drama in this story is based around her and making sure she gets what she wants. Jake finally gets some alone time and she has to ruin it for him. Another thing I do not understand is why everyone GIVES her what she wants. I am sure she's hot, but seriously guys, take off the leash and find someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment