Friday, July 9, 2010

JUST LET ME VENT!!

The Sun Also Rises is full of game players!! It never ends, I swear! First, in Chapter 16, Mike throws another tantrum and embarrasses Cohn for the fourth of fifth time on their trip to Spain. I am slowly growing more and more annoyed of Mike. How about he just punches Cohn and gets it over with, so then this whole threatening/humiliating routine will be over with already. What really has been bothering me is how nonchalant Brett is with the ordeal. If she did not want Cohn to get the wrong idea, she should not have slept with him in the first place. And since she is annoyed that Cohn follows her around like a puppy dog, why doesn't she tell him to STOP for crying out loud?! They frequently announce how bad Cohn is behaving, which I admit he is, but there has to be some sort of motivation behind it. And now that Mike prances off with a random lady he meets when he just got done crying about how difficult it is to see Brett with another man, Brett leaves again with Pedro Romero! Mike is a jerk; Brett is a whore. Excuse me for my vulgar term, but it is true. "I've always done just what I wanted," [Brett] (page 188). See! The two of them should not be together. The only two laid back characters in the book that seem to have a sense of decency and respect are Bill and Jake. It confuses me as to why they hang out with this group of people, especially when Jake is in love with Brett and tired of Cohn. Another thing that confuses me is where exactly this book is leading. The storyline is random, there seems to be no point, and I cannot put my finger on the climax. At first, I thought it was chapter thirteen, but now I might have to change my mind and say it is chapter sixteen. SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT!

1 comment:

  1. that was a high-quality vent! I, too, wonder why Jake continues to hang out with these people.

    ReplyDelete