Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Hunters in the Snow"

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this story. Peronally, I found it to be humorous, but at the same time I was kind of irritated with Frank and Tub for just leaving Kenny behind in the truck the entire time. The narrator in the story uses indirect characterization (for the most part) to identify the characters. It is almot as if the plot characterizes the people in the story. Without the plot, we would never figure out the secrets of Frank and Tub, and we would never find out their priorities when it comes to their friends. Frank is an interesting character, but kind of confusing. I have a hard time trying to figure out of he is making fun of Tub most of the time, or being genuine (the pancake scene). I think Tub is what made the story funny to me. It is harsh to say, but the fact that he is chubby and gorges himself with food just gets me everytime. What kind of person doesn't like to hear about a big boy getting excited around food??

No comments:

Post a Comment