Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"How I Met My Husband"

(I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you or not, but I am answering question #2 in this post!)

In "How I Met My Husband," I was a little surprised by the ending because I found the plot pretty predictable at parts; however, most of the time my inferences were proved wrong in the story. Throughout the beginning and the middle, I knew something was going to happen between Edie and Chris Watters...I was just waiting for it! However, I kept forgetting the age difference between the two of them, so now I am a little grossed out by Mr. Watters. Perve. Anyway, the climax was the intimate scene between Edie and Chris in the tent, which was predictable, but the denoument was the misleading part of it all. I thought for sure they were going to run away together! It's okay though, I didn't like Chris. So, while she waited for the letter by the mailbox everyday (definitely similar to the scene from The Notebook!) I caught on to the fact that he was never going to write her; yet, she still waited. Maybe it was my "blind optimism" (in the words of T-SWIFT!) that kept me hoping she would not get heart broken in the end. But when Carmichael showed up, the plot was no longer misleading. the entire time I thought the "husband" she was going to meet and marry in the story was Chris; I was not expecting Carmichael.

TODAY my blog will feature some videos. (Only because I enjoy watching them, too!)

This song reminds me of this story, too! I'm obsessed with Taylor Swift these days. This song is definitely worth your time. (It is written to John Mayer.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3u1q_T8aw

No comments:

Post a Comment